MNT VA2000 Drivers
Hi, this is the MNT VA2000 driver download page. Don't have a VA2000? You can order one here!
- New Firmware V1.6 (2017-06-21) Download the all-in-one package: va2000-firmware-1.6.zip
- Important: For successful flashing, the card needs to be outside of an Amiga and the PWR jumper on the card set, so that the card can be powered by USB. Connect VA2000 via a MiniUSB cable to your Windows or Linux machine. A green LED will light up when connected to USB with PWR enabled.
- To flash a new firmware to the card, you can run the script flash.sh or flash.bat (on Windows).
- V1.6 Release Notes
- Fixes cold-boot problems (yellow screen or unrecognized card on first boot) by speeding up firmware loading.
- Fixes boot to PAL/NTSC workbench with VA2000CX (black screen).
- Introduces multiple tunable parameters for va2000cx tool to use full PAL resolution and some overscan in classic games.
- Improves SD card driver/logic (still beta!).
VA2000CX Setup Tool
This tool allows you to 1. tweak the timing of the pixel clock of the chipset video capture process and 2. change some aspects of the screen mode that VA2000 outputs when the native Amiga chipset is active.
Download: Included in latest Driver Package.
Useful Presets to put in your S:Startup-Sequence: va2000cx-presets.txt
All Options (Surviving Reboot):
va2000cx 220 — A number in the range -255 and 255 sets the clock shift amount. Use this to combat flickering pixel artifacts.
va2000cx mode 640 512 apply — Set the target screenmode to 640x512 and apply it immediately. "apply" is optional.
va2000cx hsize 320 — Low Res horizontal scan width.
va2000cx vsize 297 — Low Res vertical scan height.
va2000cx hoffset 64 — Horizontal scan offset.
va2000cx voffset 40 — Vertical scan offset.
Old Firmware & Driver Archive
- Drivers for V1.5 (2017-05-06): va2000-drivers-1.5.0.lha
- Firmware V1.5 va2000-firmware-1.5beta.zip
- Drivers for V1.4 (2017-03-04): va2000-drivers-1.4.0.lha
- Firmware V1.4 va2000-firmware-1.4.zip
- Drivers for V1.3 (2017-01-15): va2000-drivers-1.3.0.lha
- Firmware V1.3 va2000-firmware-1.3.zip
- Drivers for V1.2 and older: va2000-drivers-1.0.1.lha
- Firmware V1.2 va2000-xc3sprog-1.2.zip
- Firmware V1.0 va2000-xc3sprog-1.0.zip
- V1.5 Beta Release Notes
- Fixes /OVR signal bug that caused incompatibility with GVP boards (SCSI errors) and probably interference with other cards. Big thanks to A1K members Rotzloeffel and PeterLustig for borrowing GVP hardware and to Christer Sigfrids for testing.
- Changes memory layout: Registers at board base address, memory at board base address + 0x10000.
- Introduces control register DCM7_PSINCDEC (0x4a) for VA2000CX timing adjustment.
- V1.4 Release Notes
- Introduces hardware acceleration (rectangle filling and copying).
- Introduces support for Amiga ECS video slot expansion card VA2000CX ("native video passthrough").
- Fixes occassional lockups when switching display clocks.
- No more blue startup screen. Clears memory on startup. Better cold boot behaviour.
- Fixes 16 bit to 24 bit color mapping formula (thanks Benutzer@a1k).
- Improves speed of palette LUT updates (thanks Matze@a1k).
- General driver code cleanup/refactoring.
- Most monitors should work with firmware 1.3 and above. If you have trouble, first try to update your firmware and drivers. If the problem persists, please report via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) what went wrong.
© 2017 MNT Media and Technology UG (haftungsbeschränkt) / Bluecherstr. 32c / 10961 Berlin.
Geschäftsführer und inhaltlich verantwortlich: Lukas F. Hartmann. (email@example.com)
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Aktenzeichen: HRB 136605 B. WEEE: DE 33315564